Paleo, Keto, Dairy Free, Vegan & Gluten Free Tea
This warming spiced drink will soothe you and is packed full of health benefits. Turmeric is a spice which has been traditionally been used in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine for years. Tumeric is anti- inflammatory so it is great for Arthritis and it loaded with antioxidants to boost your immune system. It also helps with wounds, skin diseases, digestion and liver conditions.
The taste is very similar to Chai Tea with a lovely creamy texture thanks to the Coconut milk. A perfect alternative to Hot Chocolate or bedtime drink. The spicy flavour combined with the touch of honey and Cinnamon add a natural sweetness, while the ginger and black pepper adds the peppery tang. After drinking it you will feel relaxed, warm and calm.
This recipe will make two cups so you can always store another mug with foil over the top in your fridge for the next evening.
Fresh Tumeric, Ginger and Cinnamon will give you optimum flavour and benefits but if you can’t get these then the powdered versions will also work well. You can easily buy the powdered versions from your local supermarket in the spice section.
Always stir well with a whisk before serving as Tumeric settles at the bottom of a cup.
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 Cinnamon stick or 1tps Ground Cinnamon powder
- 1 piece of Turmeric, unpeeled, thinly sliced, or 2tps teaspoon dried Turmeric
- 1 piece ginger, unpeeled, thinly sliced or 2tsps Ground Ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- Ground Black Pepper from a mill
- In a large mixing bowl, with a hand whisk, mix up the Coconut Milk, Tumeric, Ginger, Cinnamon, Ginger, Honey, Coconut Oil, Black Pepper and 1 cup of water and then pour it all into a large saucepan.
- Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 8 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into mugs and top with a dash of cinnamon.
- Serve immediately and save another mug like in the notes if you want to.