Breakfast or Brunch Haddock, Poached Egg and
Slimming World- Extra Easy Plan – 0 Syns!
Here is a recipe i have made up for an extravagant breakfast that is full of vitamins and 0 Syns on Extra Easy for Slimming World. Treat yourself at the weekend to this tasty dish that will also keep you full and brimming with energy. The smoked Haddock with Dill and sweet pepper is perfect with the juicy Asparagus. The perfectly poached egg and Coriander finish it off making the meal really succulent and fresh.
Time it takes: 20 minutes
6 Asparagus Spears
Smoked Undyed Haddock Fillet (1-2 depending on your serving)
Bisto Chicken Stock Melt
Free Range Medium eggs (1-2 depending on your serving)
1 x Yellow Pecorino Pepper
A handful of fresh Dill
Fresh Coriander to garnish
1 Calorie Olive Oil Fry Light
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Line a baking tray with foil (saves you washing up and stops the fish sticking to the tray)
Put your fish skin down onto the tray.
Lightly drizzle some lemon juice over the fish (Fresh or bottled is fine)
2. Next dust your fish with salt (I prefer Reduced Sodium Salt) and cracked black pepper. This will stick to the lemon juice you have just drizzled.
3. Then cut your chives and dill quite roughly on a board and place over your fish to cover it. Put the tray into an oven on the top shelf for 25 minutes at gas mark 5.
4. Get your Asparagus ready on a chopping board. Purple Asparagus like this one will turn a lovely green when I show you a great method to cook it.
Cut off the ends of the Asparagus. They are fine in soup but too woody for this dish.
Cut your Asparagus into two
5. Spray a non-stick griddle pan with Fry Light 1 Calorie Spray
6. Heat the pan and grill your Asparagus for 3 minutes. Then add a Bisto Chicken Stick Melt to the pan and add enough boiling water to cover the Asparagus. (About 1 cm deep will be fine). The water will bubble up. Take a spoon and stir in the stock melt.
Turn the heat down to simmer lightly, turning the Asparagus over gently whilst cooking. The Asparagus will soak up all this juice and make them lovely and bright.
This will only take 15 mins.
4. Next I like to use the Pro Cook Universal Egg Poacher Kit to get perfect poached eggs. Wait until you have ten minutes left on your fish and your Asparagus are nearly done as it so quick.
Simply fill a saucepan with water and wait till it comes to the boil. Put the egg insert over the top of your saucepan like this.
Then pop your egg inserts (Comes in the kit) into the holes (Takes up to four eggs)
Spray the inserts with Fry Light Olive Oil Spray.
5. Then crack your eggs into the inserts. Turn the heat down on your saucepan hob to simmer and quickly put the poacher kit lid on top. The great thing about this kit is you can see through the lid and keep an eye on your poached eggs. Your eggs will take exactly four mins so you can get your fish and Asparagus ready.
6. After 25 mins your fish will be ready. You can take it out to get to ready while your eggs are cooking. You will see the lemon juice has created a lovely golden juice and the dill will be slightly charred which gives it a great taste.
7. Then when you have your Haddock and Asparagus laid up ready on your plate then take the lid off the egg saucepan and turn off all heat. The egg cups are fine to touch as they are heat resistant. Simply cut around the egg with a knife to loosen it and then pop it down on your plate like this.
8. When you lift up the egg cup it will reveal a perfectly poached egg like this.
Season with cracked black pepper.
9. I like to slightly cut my poached egg so that the yolk oozes out over the meal. Garnish with Coriander which will complement the smoky Haddock.
10. Enjoy! It’s now my weekend favourite.
You can get the Pro Cook Egg Poaching Kit here.
It’s on special offer at the moment for only £12.