AVEDA TREND REPORT
Here is a sneaky pick of a new make-up look for next year from Aveda hot off the press from new York.
NEW YORK FASHION WEEK SPRING|SUMMER 2013
Aveda Global Makeup Director Janell Geason pairs luminous skin with a bright, bold lip using the Aveda Spring/Summer 2013 Color Collection at the William Okpo Spring Summer 2013 Presentation.
“The makeup is natural but daring at the same time,” says Geason. “The skin looks lightly bronzed and glowing, like beautiful summer skin. The bright lip is fun and fearless with a matte finish to balance the radiant complexion.”
GET THE LOOK: MAKEUP STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOGRAPHY BY JON GURINSKY FOR AVEDA.
1) Prep skin with Aveda Enbrightenment Brightening Correcting Creme to hydrate.
2) Balance the complexion with a mixture of Aveda Inner Light Mineral Tinted Moisture and Inner Light Concealer as needed.
3) Apply Aveda Uruku Bronzer in Brazilian Sun in a “C” shape from the temples and along the jaw line to contour the face.
4) Highlight cheek bones by sweeping Aveda Petal Essence Eye Color in Illumination across each.
5) Add vibrancy to the apples of the cheeks by applying Aveda Petal Essence Face Accents in Hibiscus* with an Aveda Uruku Bronzing Brush.
6) Line and fill in lips using Aveda Lip Pencil in Barberry Bloom*. Smooth the color with a small eyeshadow brush for a matte finish, rounding out the cupid’s bow.
7) Apply Aveda Petal Essence Eye Color in Lantana* from the lash line to the crease and Bare Bellis* starting at the crease and fading into the brow bone. Blend.
8) Apply a generous coat of Aveda Mosscara in Black to the top and bottom lashes. 9) Define brows using an angled brush and Aveda Petal Essence Eye Color Trio in Gobi Sands. *Shades from the Spring/Summer 2013 Collection, available February 2013
Q: What was your inspiration? How did you collaborate with the designer to create the makeup look?
Janell Geason: “The makeup look is inspired by the colors and texture of the collection. The clothes are both effortless and daring. This girl likes a natural look with a little energy, which comes in through the orange lip. ”
Q: What inspired your Spring/Summer 2013 Collection?
Darlene and Lizzie Okpo: “The collection is inspired by downtown streetwear. It’s a young and cool style.”